Thursday 15 December 2011

Insects

This is the start of a small experiment I'm conducting into the structure of insects. Having found these rather ropey specimens inside one of the lights at home, these are fairly dusty and a bit ragged. I focus stacked these photographs to show a greater depth of field, revealing more detail. I'm hoping to do a small section in the book about insects, focusing especially on their eyes (excuse the pun). 

These are only initial images, the backgrounds and subjects will improve. I shot these using 3 extension tubes and a 105mm macro lens. I'm going to start doing some inverted macro work over christmas as soon as something arrives in the post. To reduce the highlights created from the dust I diffused the light with toilet paper. 

Keep an eye on this space!




No comments:

Post a Comment